Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Will Illegals leave their hearts in San Francisco?

Immigration is what makes America the great nation that it is. I myself am a mutt - all American mix. I have Cherokee, Irish, French, German and English in me. I've heard stories about my great-grandfather Kress who came over on a boat from Germany and lied about his age so he could join the US military! I've also been to Tahlequah and Muskogee, OK where I learned about the Trail of Tears and all my Indian ancestors went through during their journey from North Carolina to Northern Oklahoma. But, none of this gives me the right to stand idly by and endorse those who enter our country illegally.

I am no politician, expert, or economist who can break down every issue but the bottom line is we should not encourage illegal actions let alone reward them and protect the people who commit them.

Having been at the protests last year in NYC (3 of them - one with a very large Cuban bodyguard because my employers were worried about my safety) I know that not every illegal immigrant is the most polite and patriotic American out there. Many were wearing t-shirts of the guerilla warmonger Che and thought Hugo Chavez should come to the US and “take that a - - hole Bush’s job!” They also said they would never join the military, they should get tax cuts for the "risk" they took to come here illegally, they would turn against their employers if needed and they do not care about voting but want all of the rights of voters. Overall those few weeks and events last spring were an eye opening experience.

Now San Francisco Mayor Gavin “I’m sorry I f!%@#d your wife and lied about it, cheated on my wife Kimberly Guilfoyle, and dated a 19 yr. old and then run to rehab” Newsom (not to mention that weird licking the microphone incident at a press conference) want to turn the city of San Francisco, CA into an illegal immigrant safe zone. Sorry for the run on sentence but I had to fill you in on his indiscretions. Nice job San Fran…well, that’s sarcasm because you did elect Pelosi. (Article can be found here - http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/22/BAGADPDGNF18.DTL)

Yes, there should be exceptions for “illegal” immigrants from other countries. I would think we should call it asylum from freaks like Chavez, Castro, Kim Jong Il, Ahmadinejad and others. You know, people who have a reason to want to drastically change their lives and come here and make a new life for themselves where they can speak out against the government and not be shot, or women can wear shorts, or they don’t have food rations…those countries citizens are welcome! If you’re from ANY other country then come legally!

I know our system is messed up and sadly you’re likely to get better treatment from sneaking across the Rio Grande then waiting on a list to come legally and that is something we have to change. The Republicans, when they were in the majority, failed miserably to do this and don’t even think about hoping the Democrats will do something. Oh no! Those ill imms are perfect voters for them – I did mention Dems want to give them free insurance, social security cards, voting rights and driver’s licenses right? Sorry, must have forgotten. Add free college education to the list too! Where is that money coming from? Those tax increases they’re working on!

If I was rewarded for breaking the laws at the rate ill imms are then when I was in that fender bender at 16 the judge would have given me convertible!

EB - (who’s currently packing her bags to head to the city where you can get away with anything!)

No comments: